I’m super excited about the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale going on right now, and I’ve picked some favorite things that I feel are really well priced with the discount going on!
*If you hover and click on any of the items in the graphic above, it will take you straight to it!
Number five is a sleep shirt (which y’all know I take my pajama game very seriously), is probably my absolute favorite thing in the sale because it could also double as a nice, crisp swimsuit cover-up.
I really love those shorts, too! They’re such a staple piece for summer, and they’re a great price right now!
Those espadrilles are really cute, but I actually am torn between those leopard ones and the pink and black striped ones! Help a girl out and let me know your favorites!
I hope you have a great Friday and relaxing weekend! What are you picking up from the Nordstrom sale? Know any other good sales going on, too?
Today’s post is one I am super excited about! I love Wedding Wednesdays, and I LOVE talking beauty and makeup products. So, obviously I couldn’t wait to combine those two loves and share my wedding day makeup products and steps to achieve the above long-wear bridal look.
In this post I shared some beauty tips for every bride, which I definitely recommend checking out before this one!
My makeup look was very classic and quintessential bridal, in my opinion. I wanted a look that would be something I could look back on in ten, twenty, or fifty years and be proud of.
I chose to do my makeup myself for many reasons – one, doing makeup on myself or others calms me down, and I knew I would be a little nervous on my wedding day, so that was one thing I knew I could control. Two, I trust myself most with it, haha. I am so serious about my makeup all the time, and I just do it a certain way, so I knew I would want to stick to that look for my day. Finally, I had practiced this look so many times I knew it by heart. It’s a little heavier than my everyday look, but since I knew I wanted this look, I made an effort to try it out a few times beforehand.
However, most brides choose to have their makeup done for them on their day! Which I absolutely understand, especially since I love doing brides’ makeup for their wedding days, too!
For most people, it is calming and pampering to sit and have someone do a look on you that can’t be achieved themselves every other day.
All that being said, this is a bridal look that is on the extra-full-coverage side. It’s more than a “natural” look.
I don’t really do the “no-makeup” look in everyday life, so I absolutely didn’t want it for my wedding day. I think that’s absolutely gorgeous when that’s what a bride chooses, but not this girl. I’m all about the glamour and extra-ness.
Whatever look you do choose, I can’t say enough that it NEEDS TO BE LONG-WEARING. You are going to be running around and sweating (err..glistening lol), and the last thing you want is for your bronzer to go zebra stripes on you.
So, let’s get into that step-by-step, shall we?
1. Go to the eyes first! For my wedding day look I started with my eyes to prevent getting eyeshadow fallout all over my face. Start here with an eyeshadow primer – I used and love this one!
2. Eye shadow & Eyeliner – I went with a brown sort-of smokey look, and I used this palette! (plus, it comes with the eye primer!) I used the color “creamy matte beige” (very center on bottom row) all over my lid. Then, I went in with “Soft Light Taupe mixed with Ashy Dark Brown” (second and third from the right on the bottom row) in the crease and “Soft Gold with Gold and Silver Pearl” (third from the left on the top row) on the center of the lid. Then I put “Light Tan with Gold and Silver Pearl” (center on the top row) on my brow bone and at the tear duct. I went pretty minimal with upper-lid eyeliner. I chose not to do a big wing to keep it classic. I used this beautiful black liner.
**I wait until the very end for mascara, but if you’re using false lashes, go ahead and apply them here.
3. Prime that face! I used this primer for tactfulness (helps your makeup to stick to your face for a long time), and while it isn’t a typical primer, it’s kind of a YouTuber secret. Plus, it’s for sensitive skin, so it’s going to be gentle on that pretty face of yours.
4. Next, I use this primer for a glow. Yes, you’ll be happy-glowing, but if that’s not enough, this holy grail product will do the trick! 😉
5. Foundation – I swear by this foundation for a full-coverage look. For this day, I mixed a little of this one in there, too. You could totally use the Estée Lauder one by itself, I’m just all about mixing for the perfect finish and coverage.
7. Suck that face in with some cream contour! I am ALL ABOUT contouring and highlighting, and I do not care if it is extra. It is gorgeous and looks beautiful when done right, especially for photos. I used this one (in a color much darker than my skin tone) for my wedding day – I applied it to the sides of my forehead, right underneath my cheekbones to carve them out, and on my jawline and sides of my neck. Stay tuned for a YouTube video on this! 😉
8. **If you have dark circles, do this extra step! Use this product only on the dark circles. Then go directly to the next step.
9. Highlight all the good stuff! Next I go in on the middle of my forehead (not at the hairline), down the center of my nose, under my eyes, and right between those two contour lines I made between my cheekbone and jawbone. On my wedding day I did a little on my cupids bow and chin, too! I used this to highlight! It’s a product I can’t imagine doing my makeup without and does SUCH a good job covering and lifting my eye bags and dark circles. Buy it in a couple or few shades lighter than your skin tone.
10. Set, baby, set! Set with this miracle product. If you have a darker skin tone, use this one. I’ve used it when I’m WAY more tan than usual. Which, if you know me, you know I can be anywhere from the palest of the pale naturally or pretty dark when I’m self-tanned.
*I will soon be doing a post all about my self-tanning routine!
11. BAKE! Take your brush or damp beauty sponge and press it into your setting powder and stamp it (literal stamping motions) onto the places you put the light highlight color. Leave this on until after step 13.
12. Powder Contour/Bronze – I love this bronzer and/or this bronzer for going in a setting the cream contour and adding that extra dimension. On my wedding day, I used both. One is obviously a little more high-end, but both are really great.
13. Blush those cheeks! I used this beautiful pink blush on my day, and it really helped to make the look!
14. Now go in and blend out where you baked!
15. Set all this with this amazing setting spray! It will keep your makeup on for so long and helps the powder to settle in beautifully to the foundation.
16. Now go over that with some highlight (powder) on top of your cheekbones, down your nose, and on your cupids bow. I used a combination of this one and this one, but if this had been out at the time of my wedding I might have just used it. Doing your highlight after setting the rest of your face with the spray helps it to pop more, in my opinion.
17. Now that you are glowing beautifully to the heavens, finish out the look with a white or nude eyeliner in your water line, smoke out that lower lash line a little with the brown eyeshadow, then apply your upper and lower mascara!
18. Lips! Don’t forget lips! You’ll want a perfectly kissable pout on your day! Use this liner and this lipstick to get my look!
I know, I know. You’re probably thinking, “Girl. That’s a lot of steps.”
It is. It really is, but I promise one you get going it’s not as crazy as it sounds. Plus, you’ll probably have someone else using all these products on you in this order!
I’m just tryna’ help a girl out with that shopping list 😉
All of the items mentioned above are below, as well! You can just click on them and it takes you directly to the webpage where they’re sold!
Woo. Okay! I so hope this is helpful and you try it out and definitely add the products to your list – even if you aren’t a bride, they’re still AMAZING products. If I trust them on my face for my wedding day, you know they’re pretty stellar!
I hope you have a great rest of your day and week!
All my love!
Check out these previous Wedding Wednesday by xo, chelsea catherine posts:
It’s been one LONG week, and I, for one, am so ready for this weekend. Anyone with me?
This off the shoulder top from Target is perfect for spring and summer weekends – night out with friends, date night, paired with sandals and white jeans like this for brunch, so many places and opportunities to wear it!
Plus, at $24, I didn’t have to feel guilty about adding another off the shoulder top to my closet! 😉
BUT, with lace and smocked detail, it definitely stands out from the others I have!
And these shoes. Let me just tell you about these shoes.
They’re from Target, too, and they’re super comfortable and practically go with everything!
So basically Target is just winning everything this spring and summer, and I am here for it.
On another note, I know I’ve been a little more MIA than usual from social media this week. My mother-in-law has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and this has been been the week of her surgery! So, we’ve really just wanted to enjoy family time and one another’s company.
We’re all big believers in prayer and the Lord’s Grace and Healing, so we know she’s got the best Physician in her corner.
Seeing her bravery and optimism over the past few weeks has been inspiring and makes me so proud to be a woman.
If you are reading this and you’re facing this journey or any other difficult season, I want you to know you can do this and you’re not alone.
My driving purpose with this blog isn’t to show clothes or make-up, it’s to build and be part of a community of women (& men!) who genuinely want to uplift one another. I want to do everything on xo, chelsea catherine for the Lord and to show His beauty and love for each and every person.
Clothes, beauty products and traveling are just some of the fun and joyful by-products of the beauty He has given us, and I love being able to enjoy them!
It brings so many of us joy to dress up and do something to feel good about ourselves, and that’s an awesome thing!
You are loved more than you could ever imagine by the One who brought you into being. You are beautiful beyond belief. You are special and unique, and there’s only one opportunity to enjoy this life you’ve been given and love the self you are.
On that note, I hope you have the best weekend!
I’d love to open up the conversation with you guys below in the comments! I’m forever thankful for your kindness and part in this community.