Happy Wedding Wednesday!
Today, we’re doing something a little different for Wedding Wednesday! I have a guest who will be sharing his professional tips for working with your wedding DJ!
Knowing how to work and communicate with your wedding vendors makes all the difference in the way your big day will go, so Wade Evans from Nashville’s The New Nine has ten tips to share for ensuring your big day sounds exactly like you want it to!
1. Requests – 20 songs you 100% want and 10 songs you 100% don’t want. Think about who will be attending. Sometimes “No Hands” isn’t the best option. Also give requests for dinner and cocktail hour.
2. Timelines – Make sure the DJ has the same timeline you’ve been discussing with the coordinator or your day of help. This is huge for a DJ who is also helping with the ceremony.
3. Introductions – Make sure the list is given in the order of introductions. I highly recommend reading through these so that everyone’s names are said correctly.
4. Placement – When meeting with your venue representatives make sure to talk about DJ placement. Word of advice, don’t sit elderly attendees near the DJ.
5. Special Songs – Talk with your parents and partner about the special songs. Most father/daughter and mother/son songs are long. Talk with your DJ about when you want to fade out.
6. Food and Drinks – Make sure you and your groom discuss if the DJ will be allowed food and casual drinks. Wedding food and drinks are expensive, let them know so they can plan accordingly.
7. Table and skirt – Find out if your venue will provide this or if the DJ needs to be ready to furnish one.
8. PreWedding Meeting – Plan a time 6-12 weeks out with your DJ to talk through the night, go through names, or FaceTime/Skype if need be.
9. Payment – Always pay before or have a designated check ready with someone to give to the DJ. You’re going to be to busy and excited to worry about that.
10. Dance – If the bride and groom are on the dance floor more people will feel comfortable dancing. It’s your party!
Wade Evans | Professional Wedding DJ/The New Nine
Special thanks to Wade for being our Wedding Wednesday guest! If you’re in the area and looking for a great wedding DJ, I highly encourage you to check him out!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
All my love!
Check out these previous Wedding Wednesday by xo, chelsea catherine posts:
Our Wedding Video
Bridal Beauty // My Wedding Day Makeup Look
Wedding Photography Guide Part Two
Wedding Photography Guide Part One
Beauty Tips Every Bride Needs to Know
Wedding Planning Check List
Splurge vs. Save
Where I Found My Bridesmaids’ Dresses
Wedding Day Details
How to Know When You’ve Found the One
Our Love Story | High School Sweethearts to Walking Down the Aisle
Wedding Dress Guide
Classic Style Engagement Shoot