Happy Monday! Since it’s a long weekend, you’re probably waking up a little happier after having slept in more than usual. Or, at least I am! haha.
But, most days skipping the alarm clock is not an option, so we all could use a little help for waking up happier.
The way you wake up really sets the tone for your whole day. Your mood depends on the first few moments of the day, so you want them to be positive!
I’ve spent months of my life feeling like I was just being. I would wake up unhappy and without purpose, and it was absolutely miserable.
I finally decided that only I could make myself be positive, and with that change of attitude and lots of prayer, I promised myself I’d do everything I could to make my days happier and live life more fully.
I’ve put together a list of my best tips for waking up happier and living a better life for anyone else who might be feeling the way I felt or just wanting to be a little more focused on self-love and positivity!
1. Wear comfortable pajamas – There is nothing worse than getting a terrible night’s sleep because your pajamas are too restrictive or tight. I used to have to sleep in only nightgowns. Sleeping in pajama pants made me feel like I couldn’t move. haha. But, now obviously I love them. Just find pajamas that are comfortable and will allow you a full night’s sleep. My favorite pajamas of the moment are these, but if you can’t sleep in pj pants, check this sleepshirt out.
2. Do a devotional and pray – This is the biggest one for me, and I’ll be honest, I’ve fallen out of the habit of doing my nightly devotional. I always say my prayers before sleeping and Cody and I also pray together, but doing a devotional reminds me of purpose and helps me to wake up with that in mind. I’m always looking for great devotionals, so if you have any you’re currently loving, let me know!
3. Look forward to breakfast/coffee – You won’t be as tempted to keep hitting snooze if you’re excited about your coffee or breakfast! I absolutely love coffee and really savor that first cup of the morning. For me, that really helps to get out of bed when I know I can go make a cup of warm happiness, haha.
4. Open your blinds first thing – This one I didn’t start doing until recently, but it really does wake me up more quickly and make me more positive and energetic! My cat, Tilly, loves to sit in the windowsill, so as soon as we wake up, he is ready to have the windows open. So, he gets all the credit for this one!
5. Tidy up your space before bed – Having a clean house makes getting up and at ’em much easier! I’m speaking to myself here, too! I can be a little messy, but I’ve definitely noticed that when I clean up before going to bed, A.) I sleep better because I’m more tired, and B.) I don’t get stressed as soon as I walk into my kitchen, so I keep my positive mood I woke up with!
I hope these tips help you if you’ve been struggling with positivity or with waking up lately. Obviously it’s just not possible to be happy every minute of every day, but actively seeking a more positive mood from the very start of your day will make a difference, I promise!
I hope you have a great day! 🙂
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
All my love!